Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 31

    Bodega La Setera

    14. oktober 2023, Spania ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    As we finished up lunch at the bar our bus driver arrived to take us up the road to a wine and cheese tasting. Bodega La Setera is located in the village of Fornillos de Fermoselle, a very small village of about forty inhabitants.

    Our host Sara, gave us two delicious cheeses made from goats milk, one was a fresh soft cheese she had made that morning and the other a slightly firmer cheese. Both were absolutely delicious. They don’t have their own goats but source the milk from a couple of local farmers.

    We also tried two of Sara’s wines. She produces about 9,000 bottles a year, so a fairly small operation that she runs with her husband. They have been building the business for about 13 years and diversified into cheese making about 7 years ago to give them a better work life balance. They produce a wine that is 100% Juan García grape, a local varietal from the area which we had tried at dinner on our first night in Fermoselle and really liked.

    For our first tasting we tried La Setera Blanco 2021 which was a great accompaniment to the cheese. Sara also opened a fabulous red, La Setera Seleccion Especial, Tinto Crianza 2014.
    Les mer