Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Porta4

    October 20, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    This restaurant had been recommended to me by Stephanie Hall. It is in an extremely tiny space, with only six tables that seat two people, two chefs and two wait staff. They have an interesting wine list and a fairly small but very interesting menu. The dishes are all seasonal, reflecting the local produce that is currently available. The restaurant has been running for eight years and was totally booked out for the two seatings.

    We started with a shared platter of Portuguese cheese and sausages. We had two mains which we also shared; sea bass on a bed of spinach, chickpeas and parsley was the first dish. This was followed by Pork done a secret way with sweet potato, capsicum and herbs. Both dishes were absolutely delicious.

    To go with this fabulous meal we had a bottle of red made from the Aragonez (a local name for Tempranillo) and Tourgiga Nacional. We also indulged in dessert - Ian had a chocolate cake with a strawberry ginger sauce and I had the dessert of the week, which was an almond torte. Both were very good. We also indulged in a white port to follow dessert.

    We had a great night, met some lovely people and got to chat with the chef and find out a bit more about the dishes. We then had a 20 minute stroll back to our apartment through lovely Porto. Life is good.
    Read more