Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Hang on let's take another photo

    March 25, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    We were all up bright and early either because of the jet lag or because we went to bed at 9.

    We started the day with a tasty breakfast place where you order on these cool machines and they call your number up front - great for us non-japanese speakers.

    After breakfast we explored Yoyogi park which was full of cherry blossoms and a dog park! We got to pet a few dogs even! Best park ever.

    From there we went to the Meiji Shrine a Shinto shrine - dedicated to the Emperor of Japan. We strolled around and then went into Shinjuku for some lunch - converbelt sushi! It was delicious, especially the tuna belly. On the other hand the squid sushi was iffy at best.

    We went on to play some Pachinko and other arcade games. From what we could tell pachinko is some combo of pinball, gambling, and plinko - we did not win..

    Mom and I posed for some beautiful photos and decorated them - Igor and Dad weren't allowed to take photos together.. not that they were all that disappointed.

    We meandered home with a stop at a Jazz bar and some grocery stores for snacks and beers. After a solid nap we dragged ourselves back out. We got to see Shibuya Crossing, it was much better without lugging around suitcase. For dinner we ate at Din Tai Fung, Igor's favorite - celebrating his 30th a day early!

    A very successful and full day with over 7 miles of walking!
    Read more