Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Roadtrip in the Panda

    October 10, 2021 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Today is driving day - we had a tasty breakfast at Lupaia, our beautiful Tuscany stay, and got on the road.

    While we were in Florence, we exchanged our beautiful but tiny, slightly frightening to drive, Alfa Romeo for a equally tiny but much more practical Fiat Panda. It is in the Panda that we make our way north to the Alps. ~6 hours worth of driving.

    The drive was easy, and the driver quite skilled and good company 😘 we decided it was apt to listen to a wine making and tasting book as we drove. It made time pass quickly, until we finally made it to.... A McDonald's!

    A now time honored Sadovyi vacation tradition, we had to try out a McDonald's in this country! Also who doesn't love McDonald's?

    Italy is currently ranked 1st in best McDonald's - this place not only had cheesy fries with bacon, but also beer! Not to mention the burger and chicken sandwich were quite tasty (they even had arugula - how fancy!).

    After McDonald's we made our way up into the mountains and arrived at the beautiful Borgo Eibn mountain lodge. We'll be here a couple nights relaxing, hiking, and of course eating.
    Read more