Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Tamworth

    January 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    10 days at the Tamworth Country Music Festival! An extra 55000 people in town for the event which is in the World Top 10 music festivals. Stayed at Ranjen Horse Stud 17kms outside Tamworth. Only about 6 vans here and very quiet and peaceful. Spent some big days at various venues around Tamworth...all that planning really paid off as we saw all the artists we wanted and a lot more. We were pleasantly surprised that the festival wasn't as "country"...more "country rock." We saw some big name artists like Troy Cassar-Daley, Beccy Cole, Guy Sebastian, The Sunny Cowgirls, The McClymonts, Felicity Urquhart, Lee Kernaghan, Casey Chambers, Bernard Fanning etc and also a lot of lesser known artists some of whom were fantastic. Ashleigh Dallas, Luke Dickens, Luke Austin, Anthony Taylor, Dan Thompson to name a few.
    The weather was hot but not as hot as it could have been. We spent most of the days out and about at airconditioned venues where possible. We used the aircon in the van only a couple of times as usually it cooled down at night.

    The free concerts at Toyota Park were great, especially the Starmaker Grand Final and Stars under the Stars.

    Spent a day at Nundle (about an hour's drive). After sightseeing the town and lunch at the pub, we went to a show (Richo's Roundup) at The Dag Sheepstation. It's a songwriters retreat and set up with a stage, bar, function room etc. We were entertained by 6 performers including Felicity Urquhart with cheese platters included for $20...great day!

    Too many highlights to mention, but the Golden Guitar Awards, and Stars Under The Stars were fantastic as we got to see all the stars perform. The girls tweeted us at Stars Under The Stars which made it up on the big screen. The McClymonts and Troy Cassar-Daley were amongst our favourites.
    Read more