Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Victor Harbor

    April 15, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Stayed 4 nights at a beautiful farm just outside Victor Harbor. There were a few other campers and people in the BnB but heaps of room and a lot better and cheaper than any caravan park over Easter! This one even had power, water, BBQ, pool, games room, shower and toilet. Took the opportunity to charge everything whilst we had power. I set up the satellite dish for the first time on the trip as there was no terrestrial TV signal...took about 30 mins as I was a bit rusty, but worked like a charm.

    Took the steam train from Goolwa to Victor Harbor and return which was a great way of checking out the area. Loved the Horse Tram which took us over to Granite Island. We grilled the driver about the load on the horses, but apparently the carriages are so well engineered that they only have 80kg rolling weight, so are well within a clydesdale's capacity. To demonstrate the fact, an 18 yo girl pulled a loaded carriage all the way to Granite Island a few years ago.

    Did a day trip down to Cape Jervis where the boat leaves for Kangaroo Island, Second Valley, Wirrina Cove, Normanville, Yankalilla and Myponga. Also visited Waitpinga and Parsons beaches where there were about 50 fishermen catching little mullet off the beach. These are great surfing beaches but very treacherous swimming beaches where several people have drowned due the the rips and currents.
    Read more