Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Amsterdam

    October 10, 2019 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We stayed 2 nights in Amsterdam after the cruise at an AirBnB house boat! We decided on this months ago and were really glad...a very different, quaint little boat. Fully self contained, and the owner baked fresh bread every day, and stocked the fridge with everything we needed for our stay. Tea, coffee, milk (including soy milk for Christine), cereals, eggs, cheeses, condiments etc were all replenished each day...fantastic!

    The first day in Amsterdam was a bit wet, so after walking in to the city (20 mins) and checking out a few sights, we decided to get on board the 24hr hop on hop off canal boat. This turned out to be great as we got out of the rain for 2.5 hours as we cruised around the beautiful canals. It even had a stop very close to our houseboat so was very handy. We were also able to use it till 5pm the next day, which, being a sunny day allowed for some great photos etc.

    Went to the Anne Frank House which we booked months ago...very interesting. Also decided to check out the Red Light district (including the prostitute windows), and went through the Red Light Museum which was pretty ordinary.
    Read more