Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Noosa via Mary Valley Rattler

    December 3, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    Due to bush fires in the area we had missed out Noosa on our way north. Both Bun and I have visited there previously and we were keen to find out how it had changed.

    On the trip to Noosa we stopped at Mary Valley Rattler. On this day they ran a Diesel engine whereas the actual rattler is a steam train. It is starting to get very hot again, iced coffee in order.

    We’ve been in Bertha for almost 4 weeks and stayed in most places for only one night, probably 20 campsites in total. We had booked ahead for the only campsite located near the water. There are very few campsites in Noosa. When we arrived there was a “site full” sign, so lucky we had booked.

    When we went in to book in and the lovely lady simply looked at Bertha and said she wouldn’t fit on the pitch we’d been given. Having told them how long she is I was a little upset. The lady said Bertha was longer than 7m, she spent her whole day looking at Motorhomes and told us we were wrong. She did us the courtesy of giving me a tape measure - Bertha measured 5.6m. She didn’t believe me, so she went and measured Bertha, yep 5.6m. Problem sorted? The delightful lady then said that Bertha was too high and would hit the trees , oh and it’s an unpowered site. We left.

    Another site gave us a pitch and all was well. No sea view but it made us walk a while to find the river.
    Read more