Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Red Wood Trees

    September 29, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    The kids wanted lunch, Dale suggested another waterfall. Elizabeth had the casting vote, actually, in situations like this, it is Elizabeth’s word that matters, and we set off to find somewhere for lunch. Covid has taken its toll on small cafes etc and the first place we arrived at had shut down. We then found a small cafe (the Art Gallery Cafe in Beech Forest) with lots of paintings and a limited menu, but it was lunch. Toasties all around, milkshakes for the Barr’s and iced coffees for the Briggs’, plus a couple of chocolate brownies for the kids - job done. The final part of the adventure was driving to see the Red Wood trees. This is a small plantation of Californian red Woods, within a bigger area of trees. The trees were only 86 years old and not as impressive as those my brother saw in California, but despite their young age, they were an impressive height and quite a stunning plantation to walk through.

    Back to the farm, Bun & I collected our now dry washing and retired to Bill. Dale and I refilled Bill's water tanks to ensure that all worked, plus attached Bill to a main pressured hose to check no water joints leaked - all good. Off to bed.
    Read more