Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Bako National Park

    April 9, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Its adventure time again! My tourguide picked me up at Basaga and then we drove to a jetty and boarded a boat in order to get to Bako National Park.

    Once there, we immediately spotted a few silver langurs in the bushes nearby and even stood still long enough for us to take some photos. After a short break, we started hiking and we discovered many different types of rotan plants as well as some snakes. The Wagleri pit vipers to be exact. Highly poisonous but the don't bite unless provoked. They just stay still on tree branches most of the time.

    We tried finding the proboscis monkey while hiking but failed. Luckily, during lunch at the rest area a whole troup of proboscis monkeys appeared and so the trip was not in vain after all. Joining them were also the cheeky long tail macaques. They, however, were busy stealing food, rather than swinging on trees.

    Following all that drama, we headed back to the jetty. But before that we made a stop at the famous Bako sea stack. Took some close up pictures from the boat to make it look like the ones on the brochure.

    Overall, an awesome trip to Sarawak. Very short but sweet. I will come back again soon to continue exploring the jungles of Borneo.
    Read more