Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    A series of beaches and viewpoints

    August 18, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    We reached yesterday evening but were too tired to go out. Plus our car that we rented was only coming in the morning. Stayed in dCondo Mine (its an Airbnb hosted by a guy named Lupthawit) and went to bed early.

    Got a Toyota Vios from Pure Car Rental at 9am today. Very affordable thanks to Lupthawit's discount code. Only paid THB 2700 for 3 days. Its cheaper to rent a car here than to keep hiring taxis as there are multiple beaches to visit.

    First up, we decided to visit Patong Beach but it was so crowded and the water was brown (maybe because it rained the day before), so we moved on to Karon Beach. Water was blue there and the waves were violent. Most areas wasn't suitable for swimming so we just walked along the beach for a while.

    After that, we went to Karon Viewpoint for a bit. Not a bad view but again full of people taking selfies so we didn't spend much time there.

    We headed off to Kata Noi Beach next (didn't go to Kata Beach in fear of massive crowds). This is a cute little stretch of beach where very few people were sunbathing and splashing around on.

    Then we made a short stop at Nai Harn beach. Another small beach but with more people around. Some people even bring their dogs for walks here.

    After all that it was nearly 6pm, so we headed off to one of the most prominent viewpoints, Promthep Cape. It is said that this place is famous for its sunset view but it was rather cloudy so not much of a sun was seen.

    Since it was a Saturday, we went to find the Weekend Night Market, which we did after alot of time in traffic. They say it closes by 9pm, but we reached there at 8.30pm and were there til about 10pm and it was still as lively as ever. Alot of food variety here but not very much different from Malaysia. Bought fruit smoothies, mango with sticky rice, grilled prawns, crab fried rice, and black bean filled pastry (no idea whats it called). Oh, and they sell crickets and silk worms too. Didn't have the guts to eat those though.

    That was that. We called it a day. More adventure awaits tomorrow.
    Read more