Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Taganga

    September 11, 2022 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Taganga is a small fishing village on Colombias Caribbean coast known for its proximity to Tayrona national park, the Lost City, and water activities.

    It's very picturesque, nestled in a Valley on the shore. We came here to scuba and visit Tayrona. We enjoyed our scuba trip and spent Zachs birthday on Cinta and Cristal beaches which we visited by water taxi. We got caught in a thunderstorm on the beaches which was a memorable experience to be sure!

    We mostly cooked cheap meals in our AirBnB but did enjoy some authentic street Arepas stuffed with chorizo, chicken and cheese, fresh off the grill and covered with guacamole and a sauce which don't know the name of but was delicious.

    We found Marijuana brownies which they told us are in fact legal here, and were QUITE strong, but it made for an entertaining few nights in the Bnb.

    Made some friends, one of whom we are hoping to see the Galápagos in a few weeks, and one of whom who bought us pizza and a couple drinks on Zachs birthday.

    All in all we had a great time, Zach really enjoyed his birthday and we are excited to be off to our second stop, Cartagena, tomorrow!
    Read more