Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 138

    Buenos Aires

    January 21, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Buenos Aires is a HUGE, metropolitan city, with lots to offer everyone. Even a week felt short, and we never would have been able to see it all.

    It seems to us it's a city best enjoyed for its nightlife, with an incredible amount of bars (a few we visited were rated top 50 in the world) and restaurants. Parks, markets, beautiful tree lined, colonial-latin American streets, and an overall laid-back, yet proudly 'Porteño' vibe.

    (Porteño is the name the locals give themselves)

    We visited the gorgeous Recoleta Cemetery, the colourful La Boca neighbourhood, bid farewell to our friends from Antarctica, enjoyed our rooftop pool, and just wandered around Palermo to spend our week. We took in a tango show as a special treat. It was wonderfully Argentinian and an absolute must if you find yourself in Buenos Aires!

    And with that, we bid farewell to Argentina. It's been an amazing experience since we first step foot in Mendoza almost two months ago.

    The people, the culture, the nature, the food, the wine, the friends we made, and the countless memories have all made Argentina maybe our favourite country in the world.

    We are incredibly grateful to have been able to experience it as we did, and are already looking forward to the day we can return.

    Hasta la próxima, querida Argentina!
    Read more