Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 198

    São Paulo

    March 22, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    São Paulo.

    Our last stop on this amazing adventure!

    We hadn't originally planned to come here, but all of our flights home left from here, and we had met some friends along the way from São Paulo that covinced it would be a good time!

    The primary attraction here was the food! 'Rodizio' is a Brazillian style of serving all you can eat, where they keep coming around to the table offering everything they have on hand, and it did not disappoint!

    They have the largest Japanese community outside of Japan, so the sushi was a must, and it was marvelous!

    We also had a traditional Brazillian dish called feijoada. Originally a slave food, it has been adopted by Brazillian culture at large, and it is a type of stew served over rice with pork and beans. We thought it was just ok, but we're very happy we tried it!

    And then, we had the Brazillian barbecue.

    Served rodizio style. They had 18 cuts of meat and an amazing salad bar. It was absolutely one of, if not the best thing we had to eat on the entire trip! It even gave the Argentinian barbecue a run for its money!

    We relaxed by the pool, saw Batman's Alley, visited the huge city park a couple of times, went to a couple of museums, and most of all, here we reminisced about what an incredible adventure had had.

    There were lots of mixed emotions here. Happiness, sadness, but, most of all, immense gratitude for having been to have such an incredible honeymoon together.

    We headed home from here, full of excitement and nervousness for what lay ahead, and full of joy from the experience in South America - the places, the sights, the sounds, the food, the people - all of it was amazing, it exceeded every expectation we had!
    Read more