Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Broome

    May 7, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We’ve had a great time in Broome the past few days, though it was a rough start for Shanti, who caught Max’s bug from the trip up. A day spent sleeping it off and all is well again.

    We caught up with some friends we met randomly years ago in Coral Bay whilst camping - great fun, and watched a beautiful sunset at ‘Ganth’ (Gantheaume Point)

    We visited the museum today, in order to research Hugo’s school project on explorers, then a quick ‘top up’ grocery shop in preparation for tomorrow’s trip North.

    Tonight was staircase to the moon, complete with market (and so, dinner) - the clouds on the horizon only slightly spoiling the effect. A magical effect nonetheless.

    Whilst enjoying the moon we were alerted to thousands of hermit crabs scuttling along the grass, dunes and beach below us. A magical hour was spent watching, chasing and collecting them. One for the memory books. No photos - this experience was caught on the video camera.

    We also managed to bath the baby tonight, who you can see really struggled with the experience!

    Off to the Dampier peninsula in the morning, though we may swing past the camping store first - it’s been over 30 degrees and wind still when we’re trying to sleep…
    Read more