Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 61

    Broome again

    2 de julio de 2023, Australia ⋅ ❄️ 20 °C

    We are coming close to the end of our adventure, and it shows. We are all utterly exhausted but satisfied that we wrung every last drop of holiday out of the last 2 months.

    Broome was bitterly cold whilst we were here - locals claiming this as the worst weather in years are probably just being kind, though it doesn’t change the fact we had to excavate our jumpers and jackets out again. Of course, it took a day before we ventured out - enjoying the bath first (both us and the car)

    We took part in a fishing competition whilst we were in town, and demonstrated our impressive lack of knowledge to those involved. I saw plenty of fat fish - we helped with that by feeding them bait on a string. Civic duty and all that.

    We also revisited the crocodile park a little way out of town - certainly some fat lethargic lizards out there. Many have been classified as problem animals out in the wild and relocated here, though I think their incarceration may have mellowed one or two over the years…

    The car is now safely with the transport company - hoping we avoid the broken truck hat trick on the way home… There is a list of replacement parts and servicing bits on their way to our house, ready to get the old girl back to ship shape quickly - school bus duties recommence in a few weeks!
    Leer más