Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Singapore (Transit)

    June 7, 2010 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/tofo…

    We have just arrived in Changi Airport, Singapore on Leg 1 of our rather indirect marathon pilgrimage to Cape Town. Thats part 1 of 3 flights down.. 7.5 hours from Melbourne to Singapore.. 4.5 hours wait here... then 11 hours to Johannesburg.. 5 hours wait there... and a final 3 hours to Cape Town.
    Its evident the difference between First and Economy class is the enjoyment factor. Economy was plenty bearable but just not fun. Luckily there were plenty of vacant seats around so the three of us didnt have to bunch up.
    Watched Shutter Island and How to Train your Dragon to pass the time.
    Its all getting really exciting now... a day from now il be in paradise in Cape Town, with good times, adventures and world cup games to look forward to!
    This is a damn cool airport incidentally. Theres an indoor forest, and lounge showing Holland demolish Hungary 6-1!
    Feel free to keep in touch with me, with comments and messages, on this site, facebook and texts.
    Photos will probably start to appear over the next few days.
    Read more