Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Inverdoon

    June 17, 2010 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/tofo…

    Today was a trial run for the Kruger National Park adventure to come in a couple weeks. A 'mini-safari' at a place called Inverdoon.

    We started off at 5am, for a 3.5 hour drive out of Cape Town. One thing I was not prepared for, is the blistering cold! It was FREEZING on this drive. As we neared our destination it was evident that the mountain tops were covered in snow! Snow in Africa! Who would have thought? Apparently this area is the hottest in Africa during the summer, and the coldest in the winter. Lucky I bought my beanie along.

    The safari tour itself was pretty good. It went for about two and a half hours

    There was about 15 of us crammed into an off-road-safari-jeep. It was open windowed, with no glass. We were fortunate enough to see a variety of animal from Rhinos, Giraffe, Springbok, Zebra, Wilderbeast, Cheetah and Lions.

    The safari ride was followed by dinner and a trip home.

    The drive home itself was quite spectacular. Beautiful scenery of townships, endless mountain faces, many with snowy tips. It baffled me how so many of the ‘Fanatics’ slept the trip… missing out on some amazing views.

    I write this now exhausted from the gym, and ready to have a quiet night in.
    Read more