Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Kruger National Park

    June 27, 2010 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/tofo…

    Today was our first of 2 days to explore the world-renowned Safari Park - Kruger.
    Prior to arriving however, we had a cruise along a nearby river. The cruise set off shortly after breakfast and consisted of a few hours. Along the way we caught sight of a couple of crocodiles, and many hippos, well.. at least their eyes and ears popping above the watertop.
    There was also an amusing Zulu Dance/ Show here, which was very impressive.

    Eventually by mid-afternoon, we arrived in Kruger and had a couple of hours to explore.
    We were welcomed by a frisky young elephant, running around on a mission to go someplace.
    Before long, on our first day, we managed to see Impala, Springbok, Vervet Monkeys, Zebra, Girraffe, many birds, and the grand finale, was a Leopard

    This leopard had climbed up into a tree with his prey. As we could see, Leopards are strong enough to drag a huge impala carcass up into the tree to keep with them, and protect from being scavanged by other predators.

    We arrived back at our lodge for the next two nights - The Zinverloon Safari lodge (spellling?).
    It was an awesome place... the rooms nice little thatched roof huts.. along with a cool bar area by the pool and campfire.
    Read more