Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 4

    Cruising East

    28 de noviembre de 2022, Tasman Sea ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    Two days at sea, eastward bound towards New Zealand.
    Cruise cabins are never huge but they do have loads of storage space. Its part of the fun, finding a spot for everything, maximising space efficiency so the room still feels big. Despite our truckload of luggage we managed to unload efficiently.
    The ship has 16 decks including a dozen restaurants, shopping esplanade, multiple theatres, bars, cafes a casino, bumper cars, basketball/soccer courts, a casino, three major pool areas, spas, gym, lounges, arcade, table tennis, surfing simulator, rock climbing wall, theatres, big screens, jogging track, scenic viewing arm and much more.
    Theres around 4000 passengers on board, but hasnt really felt overwhelmingly crowded yet apart from the main theatre.
    We've always preferred to try get to restaurants when cruising as opposed to buffets, and with kids that trend has continued.. its even harder juggling kids and gathering plates in an endless rotation relay.
    We've spent plenty of time both afternoons around the pools with the kids, though child access is a bit of a bureaucratic mess, policed mercilessly by veteran operatives authorised to save or end lives. So the rule is: fully toilet trained and no swim nappies can access everything. Failing this, theres one pool of filth and shame, ankle deep, with a few hoses for the toddlers.
    So of all the kids, we approved a "free-range" licence for Ryland, but of course the toddlers swamp is 'exclusive' to the unclean ones, so any attempt for Ryland to water play with his cousins was met with swift and savage intervention from the fun police.
    Next, theres a 42 inch height requirement for kids to ride water slides.. day 1, Ryland was failed by the officer in charge, interpreting his height to be 0.000000000001mm below requirements. Day 2, after a 1000 point check, and analysis from a quantum physicist, he was cleared to slide. Guess he grew a centimetre overnight....
    The restaurants have been a little underwhelming thus far really, in service, speed and the food itself. The wait staff have been friendly and kind as always.
    The first couple theatre shows weve ducked into havent been too exciting, a comedy show and a burlesk type thing.
    Ryland loved a hit of air hockey, and we've done plenty of laps. With two kids theres little you can really stop to enjoy. Weve spent a few sessions in the sole kids playground area.
    Sea days are a little challenging and hectic with kids 2 and 4, but some onland adventures should be a lot of fun.
    Leer más