Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Curry lunch and gyukatsu dinner

    March 4 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Lunch was a surprisingly-spicy curry place which offered a shot glass of mango lassi and side salad for just 50yen more. Wanted to go to Kyoto Gyoen but it was just massive grounds and the castle that it surrounded was closed for today.

    Then it was back to Teramachi, where we stepped into random shops. Randomly found Honnoji which is where Nobunaga Oda died. Most places have been pretty quiet so far, not sure whether we have just been a bit off the beaten path. Went for dinner at a random gyukatsu place which was just ok, probably cos we got the cheapest two cuts. I cooked the meat as dead as I could. ^^" we nearly went to the otter cafe but the seating area looked tiny, it was crowded near closing time soon, and you apparently can't touch the otters. :( we'll have a look at the Osaka one instead.

    Wanted to look at Nishiki market but it was late and stuff was closed, I was also heading up to my 15k step limit (it seems for this trip!) so we headed back to Kyoto station area on a night bus. Four bus trips x 230y taken today, just short of 1100y for a one-day bus and subway pass. The bus-only pass has been stopped which is a bit of a pity. Stopped by at yodobashi camera to get a visitor SIM. 2950y with iij mobile which was what we went with last time as well for one month/6gb limit, which should be fine for us. There was a cheaper option for 1.5/3gb but I think cheapest around $20 so at the low end not too much variation.
    Read more