Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Escaping the grasp of these windgods

    September 26, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    So, the forecast was again that the wind would die out, and only be like bft 3 instead of 7-8. Wake up, look on my phone… same wind wind warning, except this time bft scale 6-7. I just wanted to leave this coast, but that required cycling uphill, against the wind, over the mountains.

    So… mostly wind, no gopro footage —not sure if it makes you less aero — and no fun. I hate the Croatian coast. Also, remember those sunglasses? Well I tried to hide it from those wretched windgods, but then they took the nosebridge at some point. I considered going back downhill to face them, but decided against it. Would be a losing battle.

    In the end too tired to look for a place to sleep, so just went for a hotel.

    The town I ended up in, gračac, and everything along the route, is so different than anything along the coast. Little tourism, way more poverty, quite friendly people, and happy that I stayed at their hotel: they have very, very little tourism and few other sources of income.

    Oh yeah. I hated myself over losing that part of my sunglasses to the wind, but was too tired to be angry.
    Read more