Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Past thessaloniki somewhere

    October 15, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Let’s update this again. I arrived in thessaloniki a few days back and finally, FINALLY, managed to fix the insert issue for my ortlieb panniers. I emailed ahead to the only ortlieb dealer in like a 500-km radius, and so now I should not have to worry so much about my front-right back falling off. In addition I got up-sold 100€ a new ortlieb bags to actually have my tent and birckenstocks properly attached to my panniers. I’m sure this will be worth it.

    Thessaloniki is a really nice city! Just relaxed, good food, cafes everywhere, and a nice food market that I went to twice in the two days I was there. (Oh man, the olives, cheese, pommegranates… just a bit too meat-based). Then today by chance tumbled on some hotsprings on the way east, and bathed in some unexpected natural baths. Pretty cool.

    Also met some really cool people along the way.
    -Michael from lebanon who gave me awesome history lessons about turkey and where to visit (he was also very opinionated about food and everything, but that’s alright, so am I)
    -Jacob and Anna who cycled from London to Thessaloniki and had some awesome experiences to share
    -that lovely danish girl who volunteered at the hostel _whose name I cannot remember_ ( artist name kontra — not that it matters, its just annoying, not remembering names)
    -anita & hans who travelled all across turkey and gave me loads of tips what to visit—Ill probably visit turkey a bit longer…

    So the pictures, in random order:
    The Byzantine tower of galatista that was closed when I got there
    Some cool couple that study maths that I met at the hotsprings
    Some walls in kavala
    Me being serious with my main man aristotle.

    The few sentences I write here don't do any of it justice. Let's just say, gotta love greece.
    Read more