Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    We joined the Kelly Gang!

    April 16, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Our last stop before home was Glenrowan, the town where Ned Kelly was captured. Every single building and street in the town has something to do with the Kelly Gang or family. Do the local people get sick of it?

    There is so much to say about Ned Kelly! We learned heaps. He's a famous bushranger ("bad guy"). His family was very poor and his dad was in jail a lot. Ned did some little bad things when he was young, but he got put in jail when he was a teenager for something he didn't do, for 3 years. I reckon he might have been angry when he got out. We feel like he didn't need to turn so bad if he had an easier family life. He became a robber and did kill someone. Anyway he seemed to have clever ways of evading the police but in the end justice won the battle and he got caught and executed.

    Life looked like it was tough in the olden days in the little old huts. There was a type of fridge which was just a cage with a wet sack over it!

    We dressed up for photos. Ruby wasn't so sure about the clothes but it was fun! Do you think we look like we mean business? The armour was heavy!
    Read more