Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 10

    The last footprint, for this trip.

    22 de maio de 2023, França ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    It’s the morning after our climb to Col du Somport. And it seems like the right time to close this ‘trip’ with a final ‘footprint’. (That’s Finding Penguins lingo).

    Now back on the French side of the mountains, we are making our way ‘home’ to Lectoure via two days walking to Oloron Saint Marie, then a bus to Pau for an overnight stay with friends and then a couple of short train journeys to have us home on Thursday.

    This has been our first multi day hike since we walked the Camino Piemont des Pyrénées a little over a year ago. We are planning a much longer walk later this year, so we were keen to see how we’d manage, carrying our full packs over tough terrain. Happy to report that all went well.

    We thoroughly enjoyed the Camino Baztan in Pays Basque, a wonderful path despite the rain and floods! And our return to the Aragones Way to visit Jaca, the Monasteries San Juan de la Peña, and make the two day climb to the Col via Canfranc pueblo and Canfranc Estacion. It turned out to be a great combination - such contrast, entirely different yet equally beautiful.

    Until next time. ❤️

    Jenny and The French
    Leia mais