Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Trains & Time Square

    July 3, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We dropped our bags at the hotel at 8:30am and headed straight out back on the train to NYC. The whole subway / Train system is so confusing - we bought an expensive ticket that turned out to be for the subway only - so we had to buy a $5,25 ticket to the city (again)
    We were hanging out for a diner breakfast like at Sanfran. We found one and went straight in. I had waffles and eggs and bacon plus a coffee, Jasin had a salmon bagel - and the whole bill came to well over $100 AUD wow crazy expensive.
    Times Square was my favourite- hectic but I loved the vibe and all the huge screens everywhere.
    Next stop was the Empire State Building - we headed up to the 86th floor and the views were amazing. Once again you had to battle your way through the crowds.
    Our final stop was the Chelsea Markets which were interesting. Again packed!!
    We then jumped on the subway to Penn Station on 33rd and bought tickets for the train.
    After waiting 30 minutes we were advised of a signal failure and no trains were going anywhere. Exhausted we ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel which cost us $200AUD - needless to say this was a very expensive day!
    Read more