Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 12

    Huskies, Views, River Float & Talkeetna

    5 juni 2022, Förenta staterna ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We all got loaded into the bus and proceeded to DogGoneIt Kennels. It's a family-run dog training place for Alaskan huskies. The husband has completed the Iditarod twice. We got really good descriptions of training techniques- and best of all, we got to hold puppies! There was a film about the Iditerod- what a challenge. The have the best outhouse ever!

    Then on to Talkeetna. There were views of Denali and continuing amazing beautifulness.

    Talkeetna is truly a quirky little town. The honorary mayor is a cat. A lot of climbers hang out there. We had lunch at the Denali Brew Pub- delicious pulled pork and brisket. We checked into the Talkeetna Lodge- a large lodge with an impressive great room, huge fireplace, and panoramic views of Denali and surrounding mountains.

    Julianna and I went on a river float-more beauty and nature-- and we didn't have to work! We just sat in this big rubber raft and Kai rowed us down the river. He had a wealth of knowledge about the mountains, history, plants, animals, and of course, the rivers.

    Dinner was on the patio at the Lodge with a great view of the mountains.
    Läs mer