Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    At Sea- Hubbard Glacier

    June 7, 2022 ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We started the day with coffee and pastries delivered to the room. How very civilized.

    After a very busy land tour, we were very happy to have a sea day, be able to sleep later, and have a chill day.

    About 3 pm we began to cruise along Hubbard Glacier. There just aren't words...

    In addition to the enormous glacier, we saw Sea lions basking on ice chunks, and an otter out for a swim.

    We had dinner at the French Bistro- Scallops, Goat Cheese croquettes, Fruits de Mer, and Poire Helène for me, Escargots, Fruits de Mer and Maron Clementine for Wayne, and Scallops Duck a L'Orange, and a Chocolate mousse log with a lovely Pinot Noir for Julianna. The waiter also brought us a Floating Island that was quite delicious.

    Julianna and I went to the "Rock You Tonight" show featuring music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Something for everyone. Then at 10:15 we went to watch sunset. It was the first sunset I'd seen while in Alaska, since the sun set at almost 2 am when we were in Fairbanks. This was a Very. Long l. Sunset- and then it still didn't get very dark for a long time.

    With memories of another spectacular day, we turned in.
    Read more