Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    San Juan, Puerto Rico

    February 22, 2023 in Puerto Rico ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We had a VERY active day in San Juan. We started out at the Fort of San Cristobel- compliments of our National Parks Senior passes. Then into town, with a stroll(!) along the Paseo de la Princesa which took us to the very long coastal walk toward the Fort of San Felipe del Morro. We got there just after it closed, and had to retrace our steps to the Red Gate- the gate of San Juan Bautista.

    Greg and Megan found a restaurant they wanted to eat at- wait was 1 hour, so W, JC and I continued on-- turned out that with a party of 2, their wait was 10 minutes. We came upon a restaurant near the dock that had local food- we had xxx with shrimp and crab, empinadillas, beans and rice, and Wayne had fries and plantains. He went back to the ship, and Julianna and I went for more walking. We happened upon the Peragua Man, and got peraguas- passion fruit for me, and raspberry for Julianna.

    Apparently, we clocked at least 15,000 steps for the day.

    We were pretty wiped out.

    Last thrill of the day... The pilot boat picked up the pilot directly below our stateroom.
    Read more