Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Preparation for the big jump

    February 7, 2020 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Yesterday as we arrived we did our washing and had a shower.
    So today we could go to "discover" Almeria.
    Due to roadworks, -They love roadworks in Spain- there is no bus.
    We could pay the guy from the restaurant who is an alternative taxi, but hey. We are Dutch!
    So we walked. 5km. Over the main road. Probably safer than cycling. We see them coming!.
    We made it into town, but did not stay long.
    At first we checked were the ferry entrance was for Oran. So we have less trouble finding that on Sunday morning.
    We went for a sandwich vegetal at El Gato Negro. Never had such gorgeous tasty sandwich before! Might go there again tomorrow. ;)
    After this feast, we went to visit the chatedral of Almeria. A beautiful place. Build as A fortres to withstand the forces from abroad. Seen some holyman making bunnies on the wall.
    We also wanted to visit the alcazaba and the Andalusia Center of photography. But we saved them for tomorrow.
    And 5km back...

    As tomorrow we probably leave this campsite, La Garoffa, one of the oldest camping in Spain, to go and stand on a parking next to the ferry. Who wants to be late for Afrika?
    Tonight we will have diner at the restaurant, and I will drink my last beer.

    Now. Maybe we go and wash Nika's hair. Because the showers here are salt water, and her hair looks now a bit..hmmm. let's say funny.
    Anyway.

    Talk2youlater!
    Read more