Satellite
Show on map
  • Mostar

    June 20, 2019 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Our short visit in Bosnia starts in Mostar which we have been dreaming to visit for a long time. It is famous of its Stari Most (Old Bridge) which was painted by Csontvary (isn't that right Mom? ;) - Vera). We wandered around in the old town which is a bit crowded with full of souvenir shops, cobbled streets and the beautiful old bridge. Men in tiny swimming pants were waiting for enough people to gather before one of them jumps off the bridge. Well the teasing took so long that we didn't wait for it but took some great photos of the bridge from different angles. For lunch we had the most amazing balkan food so far, plenty and really tasty! Later we went to the Museum of War and Genocide Victims 92-95 which was extremely shocking but a fantastic exhibition. We also saw a few old 'skeleton' buildings which are still in ruins since the war, bullet holes in walls are still easy to spot all over town.
    The next day we left for a half day excursion to Blagaj which is famous for its Dervish Islamic monastery and the source of a beautiful river which comes out of a cave right under the monastery. Now we are off to Sarajevo to meet the Muhi Clan!
    Read more