Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Wat Arun and Lumphini Park

    September 5, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Unfortunately our master plan of getting over the jetlag in Bangkok didn't work out at all, we still go to bed at 4 o'clock in the morning and being spacey for most of the day, anyway we pushed ourselves to see as much as we could and accidently checked out the beautiful Temple of Dawn, Wat Arun (the local boat didn't stop at our station and ended up on the other side of the river). The boat ride was authentic with Buddist monks and other locals, it was in a turbo mode and the passengers only had seconds to jump on and off it, also the only place where you can get some breeze in humid Bangkok (or on the speedy tuktuk). Then we went to Lumphini park where local goes for relaxing, runnning and exercises. Twice a day an openair free aerobic class is available for anyone who would like to join. We think at least a 100 thai joined in, it was super interesting to see. In the evening a quick look around the Patpong night market, red light district and Asiatique market (combined shopping mall and night market place) before heading to our local for more Thai food.
    On our last day we decided to take super easy (also it was pouring) some big sleep, thai massage for Vera, photo taking time for Tom, sesame chicken and Pad See Ew before heading to the airport for our night flight to Japan.
    Read more