Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Kuala Lumpur

    October 26, 2019 in Malaysia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We arrived in Kuala Lumpur in the afternoon which gave us a little time to explore Chinatown, where we were staying, and also walk to the Petronas Towers. They are a vey impressive pair of skyscrapers in an area of giant buildings. The weather forecast wasn't promising but before a massive storm with lots of rain arrived we had a lovely, sunny morning. Then we headed to the airport to meet our new backpacking partner for our Malaysia travels, Julie.
    The next day we got out and about early to make the most of the morning sunshine. Within a few minutes walk of our hotel we found a Buddhist temple, a mosque and a Hindhu temple which was in the middle of Deepawali celebrations (although we didn't realise at the time). Then we walked over to Independence Square where we saw the Sultan's Palace and an old cricket pitch from British colonial times. We had a long walk past the botanical gardens which took us by lots of Islamic architecture including a huge museum and the old train station.
    In the evening we found a restaurant where we could try some Malaysian food including blue rice and beef rendang while surrounded by a teenage halloween party.
    Read more