Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 105

    Ban Bang Bao

    December 14, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    As we loved it so much in Kho Chang at our hostel looking over the ocean we extended our stay for a total of 8 nights. This most southern part of the island is so untouched and junglish compared to the rest of it. Not that many people are around, our host reckoned that the low numbers of tourists was thanks to strong Thai currency and tourist choosing Vietnam or Laos over Thailand for the better exchange rates.
    Waking up in the morning and opening our attic room's door to the sparkly sea view with no one around and having our morning coffee was one of the most peaceful experiences ever.
    During the day it was super sunny and hot which we enjoyed at a close by beach with fruit juices in deck chairs at our very favourite beach bar.
    The evenings were windy and refreshing sitting on the terrace of our hostel or on the pier with a drink from 7-11 (local grocery store). The host of our accommodation was lovely and kept giving us free water, bananas and massive discounts on their quality food and drinks.
    One day we went for a little walk to a viewpoint with a boardwalk which had seen better days but the view was fantastic.
    We tried to make the most out of the local dishes and order curry, fried rice, minced pork with basil and some more curry for every meal so we fill up ourselves with Asian tastes before our return.
    Read more