Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 5

    Snowy Mt Drive to PU a Possum at Bodalla

    20 Şubat 2019, Avustralya ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    “Moooving Day” today. and not just us...

    DRIVE: THREDBO DIGGINGS TO POTATO POINT (264km)
    We packed up early and hit the Snowy Mountain Highway through Jindabyne and crossed the magnificent Great Dividing Range which extends from Victoria right up to North Queensland.

    Our destination, Potato Point on the NSW coastline. Don’t worry, we will find out why it’s called Potato Point for tomorrow.

    En route, we passed Jincumbilly train station. You may be waiting a while for the express train, but hey, no one is in a rush in these parts, particularly the cows.

    We got caught head on into a herd of cattle on “moooving day” from paddock to plate... The bull took a fancy to our corr (sorry, car) and stubbornly took centre stage on the highway.

    WARNING... don’t ride a bike over Dalgety bridge unless you can swim.

    As we meandered through the high planes, we stopped at Pipers Lookout, named after Fred Piper, a long serving Bus Driver on the Cooma to Bega route (see pic).

    This is serious cheese and Motorbike riding country. “Bega”s famous for Bega” and Don’t blink or you may miss Tilba Tilba so please STOP. Central Tilba, the main part of this historic 1873 township is just around the corner and its where we ate lunch, visited the chocolate shop and stocked up on cheese at the Tilba Tilba cheese factory.

    We continued on to Bodalla to rendezvous with Possum (Jaime) who was travelling down the coast from Sydney by bus. The pick up went smoothly... as her bus passed us by and we chased it through Bodalla until it finally stopped. Like I said “moooving day”.

    CAMP SITE: beachcomber Holiday Park / Potato Point
    We are staying 2 nights at Beachcomber Holiday Park and have a fantastic site right on the beach front. There are more Kangaroos here than campers and the holiday park is very eco friendly, no power other than solar, no lights, bore water for showers and filtered drinking water from rain tanks.

    It’s great to have Jaime joining us on our trip for a few days. A glass of red, a piece of steak, a morsel of cheese and the family is right at home.

    WILDLIFE
    Lots of Kangaroos incl. baby ones, possums
    Okumaya devam et