Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Springtime During a Pandemic

    June 6, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Nancy and I have weathered this Covid induced quarantine quite well. We spent the first month unraveling our planned trip for April and May to visit friends and cycle in the Netherlands and Flanders. We were refunded for all save an overnight in Paris at a swank hotel just up the street from one of the finest patisseries in Paris. C'est la vie! If anyone needs a voucher for a night's stay in Paris sometime in the next 6 months please let us know.

    Nancy spent her days finishing the third book of her mystery series. It is due to be published in October. She also managed to volunteer for a new effort to combat climate change through targeted bio engineering. Hans successfully completed his recovery from knee surgery last autumn and baked sourdough loaves every few days. Augie was furloughed and spent his time shopping for us and rescuing his friend Klugerman in Colorado from an aborted trip East. Nancy and I also served our Friend's meeting as Zoom facilitators and Nominating committee members.

    By the middle of May we did start to go a little stir crazy. We knew it was time to hit the road and do some social (and Zoom meeting) separation in Southern Utah. We made plans to rendezvous with friends Don and Mary in Kanab, the center of red rock universe, and head to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
    Read more