Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Happy Anniversary

    May 2, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    The torrential rain of the previous 24 hours finally started to slacken during the evening. In the quieter moments we could almost hear ourselves talk. When you have been in such close proximity to each other for several weeks, I am not sure that is such a good thing. Long days in enclosed spaces, under overcast skies, are not exactly conducive to happy relationships. This is especially true when your partner does not even laugh at your best jokes.

    Today marked a rather special day for Maggie's brother and sister in law. They were going to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Well "celebrate" is probably too strong a word to use for the occasion. It is hard to stage a serious celebration when you cannot invite anyone else to your home. Such is our strange life in lockdown in this plague year of 2020.

    Although we could not join them for their significant anniversary, Maggie did at least pay a virtual visit and left a small novelty gift on their doorstep. When all of this period of isolation is finally over, we really are going to have a busy time catching on all the events that we missed.

    The weather was still far too miserable to go for a walk or ride, but later in the day, we did pack a small picnic and parked by the ocean to watch the whitecapped waves crashing on to the shore. The spray from the wild surf kept blowing over our windscreen and making it hard to see, but it was still better than sitting in the house.

    Some states are slowly starting to lift their strictest restrictions, but not Victoria. We have been told to expect no relaxation for at least a couple of weeks. I just hope the weather improves a bit during that time.
    Read more