Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    It Must be Whensday

    May 13, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    In this strange time, most of the world's population appears to be living in a sort of parallel dimension. A dimension which is not punctuated by the events that usually help us to mark the passage of time. Without these scheduled events, every day is really the same as any other day. Maggie and I really have slipped into a different pattern of life. While in some ways that can be rather monotonous, in many other ways it is refreshing and restful.

    The only constants in our new world are the weekly visits from the garbage man and the Woolworths delivery man. Since we know that these both occur on a Wednesday, that gives us one chance to reset our body clocks each week. For all the other days, we have no plans. Mostly we decide. not because of some prior schedule, but because of what the weather is doing. Maybe it is a return to a more primitive, simpler way of living. I suspect that we will have some difficulty in returning to a structured and busy way of life again.

    There was not much to record about today (apart from the aforementioned visits from our only external human contacts). At least the pantry is now restocked. We have plenty of toilet paper and sanitizer. Life is not too bad.
    Read more