Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Scotland Road Trip

    April 1, 2022 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    After a few days chilling at home in the Cotswolds with Mum & James, we got Archie’s wheels ready for our 3 week friend and family road show across Scotland… strap in Dan!

    First stop - St Boswells to see Grandma who is almost 97! Auntie Ellie & Uncle Tony put on a spread for lunch then we had a good old dog walk along the river, lovely!

    That night we headed to Poppy & Stuart in COCKburnspath to check out their new mansion house they are doing up! That was a fun weekend of surprises. Lunch with Rosie Campbell (10 years later…!), football with the lads for Dan and a dinner party with Chowden & Mhairi which ended with a little too much sloe gin… we’ll leave it there!

    Next stop, Ullapool where we drove in the snow (with a little stop in Aviemore for some nachos and a lake walk). We had the most gorgeous week catching up with Scoobs & Lawrie & meeting Winnie-May & Moss, it was amazing! Durness swims, Rhidorroch estate, distillery tour and lots of hangs 🥰

    Next up, Tarbert to see Frannie & John (via a spot of ice climbing for Dan in Glencoe!) and their new house on the end of town, what a great job they have done! Plenty food & wine and a lovely walk the next day and we hit the road for Lochgoilhead to stay with the Campbell’s!

    I hadn’t been to Fif’s for aaaaages so we got the full tour - holiday park, farm, new born lambs, puppies, we were in country heaven! Another amazing supper and lots of chit chat with Irene & Keith!

    We then made our way through to Edinburgh to stay with Fif in her new pad, what an incredible first house, we loved it! A few very chilled days here before we hit up St Andrews for Easter weekend to stay with Steph & Henry & wee Max! Burns Supper for Tara then beach walks, catch ups and a spot of golf! Was good to be back.

    The final leg was Northumberland to see
    Uncle David & Helen then Uncle Angus & Nicky. Again, lots of lovely catch ups after far too long, more delicious food and wine and a long 14 holes of golf in the rain!! Angus beat us at tennis then we headed off to see Nicky for a coffee before making our way south for the final family stop, Uncle Graham & Becky in Boston!

    An unforgettable 3 weeks of friends, family & fluffy things!
    Read more