Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    Andorra

    June 16, 2022 in Andorra ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Goodness me time is flying! 😬 So quickly that it’s time for us to leave the EU and head for Andorra. Partly because we have to (bloody Brexit). Partly because the mountain biking is epic.

    We had 8 days here which is the longest we have stayed anywhere so far… it was a very welcomed long stay and detox.

    We stayed just outside La Massana, a ski resort by winter, a mountain bike haven by summer. Everything was at least a 20 min walk UP hill! We eagerly picked up our bikes and headed up the gondola 🚠 for an epic 2 days on the mountain. I tried to keep up with Dan for 6+ hours each day, topped off by the longest downhill of 100 turns to the bottom (x2) which left us both completely broken and in need of a rest day by the pool!

    Dan rented a road bike for the next 3 days to test out a couple of the Tour de France sections which are basically ALL uphill. Climb after climb after climb. I couldn’t rent bike shoes so had to give it a miss… shame! Lots of amazing trail runs and hikes kept me occupied instead. Sooooo much to do, we barely scratched the surface.

    On our last day, we rented a scooter 🛵 so Dan could show me all the amazing Cols he had climbed. The views were absolutely incredible!

    What a magical place. We’d always wanted to mountain bike a ski mountain in summer. Another bucket list item ticked off. ✅
    Read more