Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Night One - Port Jefferson

    August 22, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Our first travel day was very very nice. We started out at 9am and were in Port Jefferson, NY, roaming the city by 4pm. We put our feet in the sand of our first beach and we settled in to our tiny home.
    What could go right? We had beautiful smooth weather, if even a little chilly in the shade on the way over. We found a very good little Mediterranean place for an appetizer and drinks. The dogs got so much attention sitting on the sidewalk watching the passers by. We got a nice sunset and the temperature of the night was beautiful.
    What could go wrong? Dave discovered he has too long of a gas hose and our gas tank fills at a very slow pace. He needs to take out 3 inches to relieve the stress. We had to stop in the middle of the sound so Dave could tighten a coolant hose and adjust a belt. We knocked around, had some lunch and he had his little problem fixed quickly. One of the engines is vibrating too much, so Dave spent some time in the morning adjusting it and our batteries are behaving funny so he had to replace to lithium ions, which apparently he was planning anyway.
    It is never a dull moment. We are really trying to relax into our trip. I imagine it is going to take a few days or more to really relax into boat life. We did discover yesterday that 55 miles is just a little to much for ours and the dogs liking, so today we will keep it shorter. Ahoy!
    Read more