Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Fairlee Creek Day 16/17

    September 4, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 91 °F

    The Chesapeake Bay is really quite beautiful. We made a very easy transition with one little hiccup. Originally we had planned to stay the night at a place called Turner Creek, but when we got there we saw depths that were very iffy and the entire anchorage would have once again been in a bunch of people's front yard. Because we are headed to another marina on Wednesday, we don't have far to go and were really just cruising around looking for a good anchorage. Dave had read about Fairlee Creek, which was just another hour away. What a find! It's got this crazy 20 foot wide entry into this little basin of a bay. There are great depths and plenty of beach front. Bonus - there was a little beach bar open for labor day (closed the rest of the week) that we enjoyed.

    What Could Go Right? Again, it's a lovely spot. We are going to stay two days while we wait for supplies to be delivered to the marina. The sunset was beautiful, the anchorage is snug and deep enough and it is very quiet at night.

    What Could Go Wrong? The dogs seem to have gotten sick. Hopefully, it is just them drinking the river water and they will stop that. We are watching them closely. Dave has a few projects to work on like a choke on an engine, black water monitor, spot lights and a few little fixes here and there.

    We plan to enjoy our little find for two days and head over Wednesday to the marina. We have rain coming this weekend and will stay put while Dave works on the leaks in the rain. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? :)
    Read more