Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Wrightsville, NC to Southport, NC

    October 4, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    We LOVED LOVED LOVED Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington, NC. We anchored for 6 or 7 nights and rented a car to see all the areas that we missed on our misadventures. Swansboro was a little sleepy marina and Surf City and Topsail beach were a cute resort like area. Carolina beach was a bit run down, but a great beach was available for 4wheeling and running the dogs off leash lawfully.

    Every day we walked and explored somewhere new. We found a great farmer's market and picked up some fresh fish. We saw downtown Wilmington and the harbor there. We drooled over the many multimillion dollar homes and neighborhoods and we just generally fell in love with the location. Everyone says, "come back in July for a real taste of the area." Maybe we will!

    Dave got most things done that were on his list. We have seen nothing but beautiful weather, so it's hard to know if our water leak is being addressed. Dave got a small back up generator and battery chargers to make sure our power issues are addressed. The propellers got replaced and cleaned up. We didn't feel comfortable sanding in our anchorage, so the final touches on the hull holes have had to wait.

    What Could Go Right? More and more dolphins! One swam up to our boat our first night at anchorage. It was such an easy and pleasant week in this area. Really quite beautiful and serene.

    What Could Go Wrong? On this beautiful Saturday, as we sit and do laundry, waiting to explore picturesque Southport, having just completed a beautiful cruise. It's hard to think of anything going wrong. We have a few projects that seem very small. We have a packed couple of days in front of us, so I'm sure something will come up, but for today, nothing is going wrong.
    Read more