Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Beaufort, SC to Savannah, GA

    October 26, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    We made it to another beautiful state. Beaufort, SC was a beautiful little free anchorage! Bonus is Dave's mom and dad came to visit us for a few days. We drove around the small town of Beaufort, walked a little and had a few good seafood meals. Ruth really wants to know when we get sick of seafood. It IS funny because every restaurant DOES have the same menu along the coast. But so far we really enjoy sampling the grilled catch of the day or the local specialty. So it hasn't happened yet that we have gotten sick of seafood, but we will keep you updated.

    Ruth and Ted helped us run a few errands while they visited us. One of them being renting a car. So after their departure, Dave, the dogs and I explored the extended area of the low country of South Carolina. We love the Spanish Moss and the marshy wetlands of the area. The beaches were spectacular and very dog friendly, which was nice. Dave gave Duke his first boat haircut! We saw just about everything we thought we could in the area and decided to leave for Savannah earlier than expected.

    What Could Go Right? We now have Starlink on our boat. Well almost. Dave is finishing the install this week with a needed fixture. This will give us internet and phone access in the Bahamas for work (and family). Oh and it looks like all but one or two water leaks are taken care of. And the Dolphins are incredible! We see them everywhere. One even was just off our dinghy once.

    What Could Go Wrong? My allergies are not enjoying the South and the skin rash and swollen eyes are back. I am very grateful for the miracle cream and Benadryl! We have a broken fuel pump Dave needs to replace a second time. Let's not talk about how the first replacement went necessitating a second time. Also, we are expecting 40 degree nights this week and we really aren't prepared for that kind of cold. That will be an adventure for sure. We aren't sure of our heat source at all, having never used it and Dave is of the mind we shouldn't try, bundle up and get to warmer weather. We will see.

    We are in Savannah for a few days at least, we hear that it is just as walkable and interesting as Charleston was, so we will explore.
    Read more