Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    Lagos

    March 8, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Our final stop of the tour was the seaport town of Lagos. We liked this town the best as it was lively and interesting, although we did see more homeless people here than anywhere else in Portugal. We were only allowed 1 1/4 hours so we went our separate ways, with plans to meet where John had plunked himself down with a cold beer at a sidewalk cafe. He was being entertained by a group of 5 street musicians, hippie types with dreadlocks who were not Portuguese. John said the police came shortly after and broke up the party. Meanwhile, I explored the winding streets, taking photos and stopping in two artisan shops. When I returned to our agreed upon meeting place a half hour later, John was nowhere to be found. I eventually found him sitting at the bus stop, fearful that I would be late and we’d miss the bus. Now why would he ever think that?!

    Although the morning portion of our tour was a bit boring and the weather didn’t cooperate, we did enjoy the afternoon. At lunch, we sat with 2 British couples and had interesting conversations. Overall, we were glad we went and felt that the 10 hour tour was good value.
    Read more