Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Home "Sweet"? Home

    February 14, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ -15 °C

    We had a rough start this morning. The hotel internet was down since we checked in so we weren’t able to confirm the location of our rental car company. Both of us were almost certain that it was at the airport so that is where we headed, only to discover that it was an off-airport location not far from the hotel we had just left! That was a time delay we hadn’t counted on. Finally at the airport I was told that my luggage was 3 pounds overweight so we shuffled things around much to JS’s dismay. Our flight left 15 minutes early and arrived in Winnipeg 25 minutes early. Due to a CAA blunder we got Premium seats for the price of economy so we enjoyed the free perks of lunch, alcohol of choice, and limitless snacks throughout the flight.

    The temperature was -16 which was tolerable, especially since we quickly hopped into a nice warm taxi (now with exorbitant fares....$43 with a small tip!). But there is so much snow everywhere. Spring seems a long way off.

    And that ends another winter break. The Panama Canal cruise was definitely the highlight and reignited our interest in cruising on future trips. California was interesting but cool. Florida was less exciting because we had been there several times but had the best weather. Snowless winters motivate us to be more physically active, which is a good thing.

    Now we are on a baby watch as we anticipate the arrival of our second grandchild, courtesy of Alyssa & Josh. Exciting days are ahead!
    Read more