Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    A long day of travel

    January 8, 2020 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    A destination for our winter escape was decided when we received an invitation to Dani & Chris’s wedding that was to be held on the North Shore of Oahu. We knew this was an event not to be missed and we wanted to represent Dani’s Winnipeg family.

    We had a 6 a.m. flight to Vancouver, our only option, with a 4 a.m. taxi reservation. After a hectic Christmas season with visitors from the West, I decided to forgo sleep and spent the night doing housework and trip organizing. Sleepless and fighting off a 2 week long cold meant I wasn’t in the best shape for travel. Once on the plane a few short naps and drugs helped! After 3 flights and 16+ hours we arrived in Kauai. The warm, humid air felt wonderful in comparison to the dry, heated indoor air at home, not to mention the sub-zero temperatures outside.

    I had reserved a timeshare in Kapaa but we wouldn’t be able to check in for another 2 days so I used my MasterCard Rewards points to reserve a room at the Kauai Beach Resort. Hotels are very expensive in Hawai’i and this resort would have been an unaffordable $300/night. It was a relaxing 2 days and best of all I didn’t have to do any cooking.
    Read more