Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Kamloops

    August 2, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We headed to Kamloops after breakfast in hopes of being able to do a short hike before the temperatures soared. It was 18 degrees at Sun Peaks and an hour later it was 33 degrees in Kamloops! We parked downtown and walked along the Thompson Riverfront Park. It was hot!! After 45 minutes we retreated to the air conditioned car and sought out another walk at a park in a higher elevation. The directions were vague and confusing but we found a place to park and I struggled up a steep hill to take some photos while Linda waited at the car.

    After buying food for our dinner and filling the gas tank at Costco we headed back to Sun Peaks for a relaxing evening. It was time to pack up and plan for our departure the next day.

    At Pinnacle Lodge we met and talked with some interesting people, most notably Richard, the Innkeeper, with his non-stop chatter as he circulated amongst the guests; an East Indian man who gave us daily restaurant recommendations (which we never did get to); a woman who extolled at length the benefits of drinking hot water; and a couple and their daughter who were from Turkey but have been living in Luxembourg for the last 15 years. We really enjoyed our week at the Lodge!
    Read more