Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Disneyland Paris

    November 6, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Four more days at Disney, two asthma attacks (from all the second hand smoke), lots of Nutella croissants, and tons of fun!! Not much sleep, very strange milk (and extremely hard to find), and only an hour in the pool and it was time to move on! The play place, theatre and playground were more appealing than the pool to our little ones....and to Jay, since speedos are a requirement in France swimming pools! We were surprised that milk was hard to come by...Aston is a milk lover and still requires a nightly dose before going to sleep. The milk at the hotel, when we could get it, was unrefrigerated, sugary, and just plain tasted funny.....so Starbucks became a nightly stop for us after leaving Disney. Anywhere in the world, and we can still get our Starbucks!....and McDonalds. We've made it a mission to stop at a McDonalds in every country....more out of curiosity than anything else. France has a few different menu items. We tried the 280 burger....it was honestly quite boring. Morgan's meal came with an ice cream in a tube....which was fun!...but she didn't like it...haha.

    Canada is a multicultural society, so we hear different languages spoken on a daily basis, many of our friends, and Morgan's friends have different cultural backgrounds....but it still amazes me to see the innocence in children....to see how non-judgemental they are....and how accepting of each other they can be. They don't judge, they do get curious of differences, but they don't judge. A child is a child...a playmate is a playmate...and language is not important. We can learn a lot from children....even though they can't communicate through verbal language, they still become friends....they still play....they still laugh...they still hug....and most importantly, they are kind, compassionate, and caring. They help each other without being asked, they share without being told to, and they smile without fear. Both girls made friends, Morgan speaking English, the friends speaking French, and Aston...well, she speaks her own language...lol. We're excited to move on and experience Paris!
    Read more