Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    National Museum of Natural History Paris

    November 12, 2017 in France ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    We're moving out! I've contacted our booking company and they have frozen the landlords account. He's agreed to let us leave 4 days early without a fee. This morning we managed to find a cute little hotel, with 10 rooms, overlooking the Seine River. We move in tomorrow!

    Today was a big day! We walked over to the Jardin Des Plantes and the National Museum of Natural History. It's another cold, rainy day! They say it's unusually cold...we have amazing luck with odd weather...haha. This place is fantastic! It is mostly taxidermy displays on multiple levels with the ceiling full of lights and a storm simulation that plays every so often. It's amazing! There is also a Children's Museum with so many interactive and fun displays. We had a wonderful time exploring the museum inside and out!

    We ran into a rain storm as we were leaving...it was SO cold! We weaved through the streets of Paris, coming across some very neat areas...unfortunately, the weather didn't want us exploring too much outside today. We walked over to the Pantheon. The history here is incredible. It was neat to see the Foucault Pendulum and the girls really enjoyed exploring the tunnels (mausoleum) where many are laid to rest....including the very famous Marie Curie.

    The rain let up a bit as we were leaving the Pantheon, allowing for a pretty spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance. We were water logged and exhausted, so we made our way back to the apartment to pack up....and have our wine of course...once the kids were sleeping! We need to buy screw top wine and drink straight from the bottles as our apartment doesn't even have a corkscrew or wine glasses....go figure....in Paris...no wine glasses??? It's much cheaper than buying soda...which only comes in a couple options....basically Orange or Peach Iced Tea...ugh. Even at the grocery stores, the options are limited! Good night!
    Read more